Similar error messages:
- "Socket error"
- "Bad Gateway (eclHTTPerror)"
- "Failed to upload product: HTTP/1.0 502 Bad Gateway"
- "Can't connect to print service (Mac)"
In order to protect your computer, most software programs are routinely blocked by the Windows firewall. To be able to order something from fotoknudsen, you have to grant the photobook software access to the internet. We have instructions for how to achieve this for these versions of Windows:
It could be that your computer has additional programs providing internet security besides Windows Firewall. If that is the case, please give fotoknudsen Photo books permission to connect to the internet.You can use the manual to your internet security program for this.
Windows XP and Vista
Please note that Windows XP and Vista are not supported anymore by current versions of our editor. Read more about this topic in our FAQ.
1. Left click the button "Start" and "Control Panel" next. In the search box, type in "Firewall" and click on "Windows Firewall" next.
2. In the frame on the left, left click "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".
3. Left click "Change Settings". If you are asked to enter the administrator’s password or are request to confirm your action, please type in the password or confirm.
4. Select the box next to "fotoknudsen" and the network locations which you want to allow communication for. Left click "OK" next.
Only proceed to step 5 if "fotoknudsen" is not in the list of exceptions.
5. Left click "Allow another program" and select "fotoknudsen" here. Left click "Add" next.
1. Open the Windows Firewall by pointing your mouse at the upper right corner of your screen. Move your mouse downwards and left click "Search".
2. Type in "Firewall" in the search box and proceed to left click "Settings" and "Windows Firewall" next.
3. In the frame on the left, left click "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".
4. Next, left click "Change settings". If you are asked to enter the administrator’s password or are request to confirm your action, please type in the password or confirm.
5. Select the box next to "fotoknudsen" and the network locations which you want to allow communication for. Left click "OK" next.
Only proceed to step 6 if "fotoknudsen" is not in the list of exceptions.
6. Left click "Allow another program" and select "fotoknudsen" here. Left click "Add" next.
1. Next to your Windows start button, you will see a small loop which allows you to search your computer.
Search for Firewall and a program called "Allow apps for Windows Firewall" will appear. Click on that.
2. You will see a list of allowed programs. Is ours not in the list? Then please click on "Allow other app…" and add our software to the list.
Only proceed to step 3 if the "Allow another app…" button is not being shown.
3. Click on "Change settings" and log in with the login details of your computer (the ones you use when you start up your computer). The button "Allow another app…" should now be available. Once you see apc.exe in the list of programs, you will know we have been white listed and you can go ahead and place your order.
4. If after having adjusted the firewall / antivirus and installed the latest version of our software, you still experience problems with placing your order, we would recommend connecting your computer directly to the modem via a cable, instead of using WiFi.
Please note: if you are using Kaspersky, Norton Symantec antivirus or any other additional antivirus, you need to adjust it as well (for Norton antivirus adjust the 'Web access protection' also). Additionally, we advise you to temporarily disconnect a ‘proxy server’ if you have one.
If the customer follows the next few steps, they can adjust their security and allow our software.
1. Click on the Apple-icon and then "System preferences"
2. Click on "Security & Privacy" and select the "Firewall" tab
3. Click on "Firewall Options"
4. Click on the button with the "+" sign and select our Albelli software in the appearing dialogue.